We at Glazebrook and Associates hope you will find the following parenting
links and resources as helpful as we discovered them to be.
- Sites For Teachers rates educational websites by popularity with teachers. One of the top sites for educator resources on the net.
Top Educational Web Sites - Resources, ESL, Teaching, Blogs,
Parenting, Services, E-learning, Games, Software, Homeschooling, Universities and many more.
- Protect childred online! Most parents realise they need to protect their kids
online, they just don't know what exactly is involved. This site provides loving couples with the resources they need to keep their kids safe.
- Dictionary for Dads seeks to promote their knowledge, education, experience and resources as it pertains to
becoming an excellent father.
- Parents of troubled teens across the country are realizing that they need help dealing with a son or daughter that is making poor decisions. And they are discovering that they are not alone.
www.education-world.com - parent involvement in schools is much more than parent conferences and PTO's... this web site provides resources to learn about practical ways in which schools are involving parents. Read about parent involvement strategies that are working for others - and that could work for you.
Learning Props educational games and children's books were designed to
"Make Learning Fun". Designed for pre-K basic skills, language skills
and school readiness the game kits include a game, book and playing
pieces. These preschool activities are available in English only or as
Bilingual (Spanish English). Enjoy them as a classroom teaching tool or
for family activities.
www.pta.org/parentinvolvement - Here you'll find hundreds of ideas on how parents can make a difference, how they can help their child succeed and how teachers can encourage parents to be more involved in their child's education.
- Parent Coach Plan is the perfect tool for taming your difficult child. Modeled after respected treatment centers from around the country, this simple and effective home-based discipline program provides the information and tools needed for effective parenting.
www.johncfleming.com - In his book "Preventing Addiction", Dr. John Fleming
shares his research on drug and alcohol prevention, ideas to prevent drug use, and explains benefits of drug prevention.
fnih.investinkids.ca is a Canadian charitable organization dedicated to ensuring the healthy social, emotional and intellectual development of young children from birth to age five. Guided by experts in child development and parenting, they seek to strengthen the parenting knowledge, skills and confidence of all those who touch the lives of young children.
- information from the U.S. Department of Education on how parental involvement in the "parents as teachers" program will benefit children.
www.getsetforlife.ca is committed to supporting you as you
travel down the exciting, wonderful and challenging road of being a parent. Our child development experts translate the science and theory of child development into useful and practical parenting ideas that enable you to make the most of your child's first five years. When visiting this site you'll find lots of information about common parenting issues and activities you can do with your child.
- Alan Greene, M.D., provides thorough answers to pediatric questions. Topics include bed-wetting, ear infections, eating/nutrition, potty training, and sleeping. Also Online chat sessions where you can ask the doctor questions in real-time!
- This National Network for Childcare (NNCC) site features over 1000 publications for parenting educators and parents. A discussion group called Kidcare, a newsletter with family care, child care centers and school age sections as well as info on the NNCC are the highlights.
IEL Tip Sheets (in English, Spanish, Chinese and Polish) are easy-to-read,
one-page resources on a variety of topics of interest to parents and teachers of
young children. Find recent Tip Sheets; see a list of all Tip Sheets; or
search by Illinois Learning Area or category, such as Parenting and Family Life,
Mathematics and Fine Arts. This website is sponsored by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Activity ideas from Jean Warren now available monthly on the internet for both parents and teachers.
www.childbirthsolutions.com - provides access to an extensive selection of childbirth articles and birth stories that cover preconception, pregnancy, birth and postpartum care. This site also offers an onsite search engine, a unique childbirth glossary, the Maternatopia shopping mall, child birth classes, due date calculators and a Dad's page.
www.cpirc.org - the Colorado Parent Information and Resource Center (CPIRC), funded by the U.S. Dept of Education, has established a collaboration with organizations throughout Colorado to provide parents and professionals with the information and resources they need to engage families in children's learning.
www.thefamilycorner.com - here you can find anything from education and parenting information to resources for your kitchen and your personal finances.
geoparent.com - a parenting site with everything from age specific information from babies to teens, educational, pregnancy, health and other information.
www.americanbaby.com offers information on prenatal and family health, as well as baby's growth and development. You'll also find features on adoption, beauty, relationships, work, and family finances. With authoritative advice from leading doctors, psychologists, and experts in the field, americanbaby.com makes advice, support, and parenting information available to all families -- whenever they can find the time to log on.